Saturday, March 13, 2010

The Woodlands Expansion

So as you can see this is not what someone would consider a beautiful flower garden. Now keep in mind it is only mid March so you won't be seeing any flowers in this neck of the woods it is still a touch to early. The Daffodils and Crocus are starting to pop up as well as Tulips, Hyacinth and other perennials. With that being said this garden bed is most likely getting tripled in size and means more planting. If I don't want to spend a fortune that I don't have at the local garden centers then I must do things the ghetto way. The ghetto way to me means digging up perennials that I already have and separating them into multiple plants. It also is why I have started so many flower seeds this year. Let's not forget the most important step in making a successful garden, the soil. I am going to try lasagna gardening for this flower bed. I have never done this before so it will be a learning experience that I am looking forward to.

If you notice the first four feet or so of this flower bed is an already established bed. These plants are just waking up from their dormancy. I love my homemade greenhouse and I am as proud as punch of it, however I do not feel like she adds much beauty to the garden. Since it will be so visible in every part of the renovated back yard I decided to try to conceal her a bit.

I have Clematis planted at the base of these two fan trellis' and plan on putting a few plants around the base and finish framing out the mini flower bed. I will also have a planter sitting where my ghetto bench is located. I am moving the bench to the doggie side of the fence.

No comments:

Post a Comment