Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Unexpected projects

After I finished for the day with the water fountain, I decided to use up some of the extra bricks. I had planned on planting flowers on the south side of the greenhouse. I thought hmmm why not use some brick as a border. I covered the grass with this rubber liner to kill it off and prepare the bed for the flowers. I have to laugh at the fact that I have grass growing, just not where I want it.


If you recall, this brick square was going to be in the water fountain. It did not work in the fountain but it will work as a planter base.


I think I have mentioned that I am not leaving my ghetto bench here, but I just have not gotten around to moving it. I have to admit that it is quite handy, too bad it an eyesore. Of course I have to laugh because at the moment so much of the yard is an eyesore.

I put down some landscape fabric where I am going to have a path. I did not staple it down yet because I need work on it before the mulch goes down. I just wanted to keep the weeds from coming up before I get to it. As you can see, I will be busy with the flower bed where all the tools are leaning against the tree.


I put down a few rocks today to make a mini flagstone step. I felt like the transition from the fire pit area to the lawn was too big of a step down, so I decided to put in a small step. It looks a lot smaller in the photo than it actually is. I would guess it to be about 15 inches by 22 inches.

Here is a closer view. I know just what people wanted to see. A close up of some rocks.


My sister gave me these rocks thinking I might be able to use them. Well here they are sis. I am going to use them for a walkway to the new Den of Mischief. Of course, at the moment, it is a work station.


I can't decide if I like the stones laid out this way, but honey likes it. What do you think? Keep in mind that it will be surrounded by mulch, minus the soaker hose and wheelbarrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment