Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The side bar is built

I created a things to do list to ensure that everything is completed by Honey's graduation. The list is quite extensive, and sometimes overwhelming. All I can do is take it one day at a time, and have faith that it will all get completed. I am very optimistic about having it all finished. If yesterday and today are any indication, it will be done ahead of schedule. With that being said, I finished everything on my list for yesterday and today, so I got a jump start on Thursday's list. I skipped Wednesday because I am cleaning out the ponds that day, and it is an all day job. The biggest thing on the list for Thursday, was to build a side table for the bar. I needed something to hold the blenders, so they are not taking up space at the bar. I also wanted something to hide the extra cooler and trash can.

I was getting quite low on materials. I built this table with landscape timbers, the last couple of deck boards, and the extra spindles. I realize this is really not a table but what else would you call it? It is wide enough to sit the blenders on, and high enough to use the blenders while your standing. I am tall, and do not want to be hunched over trying to make drinks. If memory serves me correctly, I made a plethora of Lava Flows last time. I want things to run smoothly and this little table will ensure that happens.

I plan on painting this trash can to make it a little easier on the eyes. I also need to clean up this cooler that spent the winter outside. Its amazing how filthy something can get, just by sitting out in the elements. You really won't see the trash can or cooler unless your behind the bar. By the way, for any of my friends looking at this blog, I am taking Bar shift volunteers. lol


No comments:

Post a Comment