Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Early seedlings 2010

My seedling set up this year has changed, for the better I might add. Usually I sow the seeds and set the trays as close to windows as I can. This year I am using the two grow lights that I have previously used for my tropical plants and also purchased two more lights. In the following photo you can only see one of the light fixtures. Now I have all the trays laying across the top of the bench like the one in the middle of the photo. I have two lights hanging above the bench and one attached underneath the bench. Tomorrow I will post pictures of the seedlings as they are now. I thought I had taken photos of them recently but clearly I was mistaken.


Most of the seedlings you see in this photo are Zinnias, Cosmos and the seedling in the bottom left corner is of a Hyacinth Bean. My dad had given me some Hyacinth seed pods last fall and I was not sure if they would be viable but as you can see they are.



No comments:

Post a Comment