Saturday, March 27, 2010

The clean up of the dog side of the fence

It was a good day today. I cleaned up the dog side of the fence. There was a lot more to do than I realized. I started the day by taking down the section of fence that was once around the Den of Mischief. I then moved part of the fence to help hide the compost bins. You can see it in the photo below.

I used a bunch of scrap 4 x 4's. I drilled holes and ran rebar through the post. I put the post down to hold back the pea gravel I am putting down Monday.

I used stones from an old flower bed to make this retaining wall. I love a free project. The dogs were constantly digging and piling up dirt in front of the gate. It was impossible to get the gate open all the way to get the mower through. I should have done this a long time ago. Just for the record, I did not put these containers here to beautify the wall. lol I am hoping it helps keep the dogs from walking/climbing on the wall. I did not mortar the wall, it is just dry stacked.

I put down some leaf mulch to keep down the mud. Besides I have plenty of leaf mulch.


No comments:

Post a Comment