Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The new fire pit and wood storage

As you can see in the photo there is a big wood pile mess in the upper right hand side of the photograph. There has to be a better way.

With some donated lumber and a little research, viola, firewood storage.

In the following photo you can see more of the firewood mess. The cylinder shaped timbers are recycled from my cousin Glenn Jr, who by the way donated the majority of the lumber in all of these projects. It was either scrap lumber or lumber he was not using. A Giant Thank you to Nooner. Those timbers are heavy as Hell and he told me he use to put them on his shoulders to carry them where ever he wanted to put them. OMG are you kidding me, I could only drag them by myself, fortunately cousin Chrissy helped me. I also want to add a Giant Thank you to Chrissy for all her help I could not have done it all without her as well.


I removed the fence to make it easier to haul in the gravel. I also had to replant the Euonymus Tree you see in the center of the picture.


I was over the continuous slope of the lanai and decided to make tiers for easier walking and a better aesthetic. Yes I have a lot to do.

And now here is the new fire pit area. Notice the different benches. Can you tell I am proud as punch. lol I have built four of the five benches that I have planned to do. The last bench will go in the new flower bed that is coming soon.

This is the view looking to the north.

Looking to the south.



1 comment:

  1. Bill, I think you are doing a great job I know it will as usual turn out great!!! you need to spend a day at my house when you are finished with yours. I will be watching your progress.

    ReplyDelete