Monday, March 15, 2010

Josephine

Lets see if I can explain my vision with a little help from these photos of the work in progress. She is not quite standing in her majesty but she is on her way. I drilled a couple of holes in the base of the statue and put in some rebar. I then wired the rebar together and set it down into concrete. So as of tomorrow the concrete should be set. Now all I need to do is get the brick worked out. The square base in the center is all one piece. It is mortared together however it is not set in place.

The brick used on the front porch in the photo below is the same brick I am using for this fountain. My cousin had his porch redone this past summer and all the brick was thrown over the hill or as we call it, thrown in the hollar. I went into the hollar and pulled this brick out to do this project.

I know she doesn't look like much at the moment but she is on her way. If the weather had not been so nasty today I could have gotten a lot more accomplished. Not to mention I was worn out and my honey wasn't feeling well so I needed to take care of him so the fountain had to wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment