Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Backyard renovation

OK so I don't recall if I have told you that I am giving the backyard a face lift. If I haven't then I am telling you now and it has officially begun. The weather has cut me some slack and it is on. In the following photo you can see that the shorter fence is running east and west. Well that is getting ready to change.

The doggies are still going to have plenty of room, but they are now having to share the backyard.


When I look at these photos I can just see the mountains of work and clean up that I have ahead of me. Ugh. All I can do is take it one step at a time and with a little luck and a lot of hard work, it will all be transformed by May 8th 2010.

Scooter is clearly confused with all the happenings.

The spot for the new Den of Mischief. Notice the fence is now running north and south.

For the record, Chrissy nor myself are carpenters but we do our best. I have this screened in gazebo tent and wanted to make a permanent structure to support the tent without worry that a mild rain would collapse it like it has in the past. This was the idea anyhow.


So as you can see the posts were set and now all that is left is to figure out how to build the top.

We figured out how to make the top and the tent fits. Hip Hip Hooray!!! I will show you photos of the top portion of this gazebo as soon as I take them. lol This is my dad giving a hand.

Then I decide I wanted a built in bench. I found a website that had a how-to about building a bench arbor and I modified it to make it work for this project.

Trust, it will look much better without the mess all around the bench. I plan on painting the entire structure the same color as the cloth in the metal structure.


No comments:

Post a Comment