Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Cleaning out the flower beds

I needed to get all the leaves out of the flower beds from this past fall. I got most of the beds cleaned out, but still have the entire West Lawn still to do.

As you can see, there were a lot of leaves.


Still need to do the West Lawn, and I am dreading it. ugh

Not to mention I have to clean out the ponds, again. Do you recall last year, I said I was going to build covers to go over the ponds to keep out the leaves. I never got a chance to get that done, so I will have to deal with the mess yet again.

After uncovering most of the flower beds, I was surprised to see how fast things were coming up.

The Knockout Roses are all doing well.

I forgot I had even planted these old fashioned Hydrangea's last year. I think the crap on the porch and the chair with the cover really set the tone. lmao

The Cone Flowers are really growing in the Sun Flower bed.

Daffodils are up all over the yard.

I had no idea the Allium's were even up at all.

Not a very good photo but the Lavender made it through its first winter. Yeah.

This is my Variegated Hydrangea getting ready for another season. I think she will be gorgeous this year.

These are Shasta Daisies that I started from seed last year. They also made it through their first winter.

The Asiatic Lilies that I moved the other day are looking just fine.

More Asiatic Lilies are coming up.

And even more Asiatic Lilies popping up.

The Bleeding Hearts are looking good. I covered them up just a touch. This reminds me of the Bleeding Heart that is planted in the West Lawn. It is usually larger so I better get the West Lawn cleared off tomorrow. I am looking forward to seeing what is coming up there.


And how fabulous is this. This is my Ligularia Othello that again I had no idea was even thinking about coming out. I have great hopes for this plant this year.


No comments:

Post a Comment