Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Cleaning out the ponds, again.

I had mention yesterday that I fixed the Bamboo fence. Well here it is. It might not look like much of a fence, but it keeps the neighborhood dogs from doing their business in my flower bed.


Today was pond cleaning day. As you can see they were filled with leaves and muck.


Its hard to see in the photo but the bottom 3/4ths of this pond is nothing but leaves.

The bog garden is packed down with leaves.

Here is the upper pond and reflection garden. Most of the leaves are gone. I did not do a supreme job but I have my reasons.

The love pond looks really dirty, but it has been cleaned and just needs to settle. It was a very windy day and I could not keep all the leaves out of the pond. Imagine this photo without the wet vac.

Here it is now. No leaves and no wet vac.

The bog garden is free from the leaf buildup.

Here is why I did not do a marvelous job cleaning the ponds this year. I usually pump all the water out, clean out the ponds, then refill them. I went and bought some new attachments to get the pump going, but it turns out the pump was broken. That is why I had to use a wet vac for part of the project. That did not work out well either, and ended up dumping the water out with a 5 gallon bucket. Ugh. I knew it was going to be a hard day but this was ridiculous.


No comments:

Post a Comment