Saturday, March 13, 2010

I call her Josephine

As you may recall I got this statue from my cousin this past fall. The statue once belonged to my Aunt Josie although I never recall the statue working. This is why I decided to call her Josephine in honor of Aunt Josie. She apparently was a water fountain at one time with water coming out of the tube in the top of her head. There is a good 4 inches of pipe that is cut out of this photo. Some people might look at this as garbage, but when I look at her I see elegance with a history waiting to be shared. I am going to do my best to give Josephine a new lease on life but the obstacles are huge. The tube that runs from the top of her head and comes out at her base is clogged. She also has a crack all the way around her neck and did I mention she has no feet or anyway of standing up. Well I have a plan for all of these problems and hopefully this week you will see her standing in her majesty in the corner of the garden waiting to tell you her story.

The hole in the ground is the new site for Josephine's new home. All the mud or dirt that you see will soon be grass. Not to mention the white bench will be repaired and painted.

This bench will be close to the new fountain and it is to the right of the above photo.


No comments:

Post a Comment