Sunday, April 11, 2010

Things not on the list

Here are a few things that I have done that were not part of the plan. Dad was getting rid of this bush and wanted me to dig it up. What is funny for lack of a better word, but this was the third time I transplanted this bush. The first time was about twenty years ago when I found this bush at an old abandoned house. After getting permission, I took a start. I planted this at the rental house where I was staying. When I moved, I dug it up and and planted it in dad's yard. That it where it has been for fifteen years. So I guess this bush has come full circle.

I moved this Holly bush to the Memory garden, I think it will be much happier here. I also thought it looked a little odd where I had it planted before.

This Flowering Crab apple is starting to bloom.

Not the most exciting photo, but I put a couple pavers down to hold back the mulch.


I thought I would take a couple of hours and clear out the front flower bed. Well it turned into an all day event. I am so happy to have so many of the flowers moved. This bed was getting overgrown. I love things to be invasive but even I have my limits.

This photo is from last summer. As you can see there was not room for everything.



No comments:

Post a Comment