Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Storms bring a variety of things

A few years ago, the remnants of Hurricane Ike blew over a large tree in the front yard. This large branch got stuck in a neighboring tree when it went down. It has been there ever since. I have been quite nervous about it falling on my head as I mow the lawn or just walking underneath it. I was also nervous about it falling on someones car during the party, or worse yet, falling on someone. As you can see, I do not have to worry anymore. Last night the wind decided it was time for this eye sore to hit the ground.

This is our Diablo Ninebark, and I did not realize that it bloomed. There are small buds all over this shrub. Just a matter of time before we see her bloom.

It is hard to see in this photo, but the buds on this Variegated Weigela are also getting ready to bloom.
The Korean Lilacs are days away from being in full bloom. I could not be more pleased with her display this season.

The water Iris are all starting to bloom.

Here is a photo of the Alliums getting ready for their Spring showing.

I have to get the Lily of the Valley away from the Japanese Painted Fern. She is so beautiful and needs more exposure.

With each passing day, our Rhododendron is starting to shine.

One lonely bloom on this Rhodo. I have to be happy that it is blooming at all.


1 comment:

  1. Would mid-May be too late to plant Rhododendrons?
    I would like to get 2 that are fairly good size to plant on each side of the east patio entrance.
    ph me some time to discuss this ok?

    xxoo Auntie

    ReplyDelete