Saturday, April 24, 2010

Calm after the storm

It was a rainy day today and I spent most of the day inside. Thunderstorms were in and out all day today, but they always seems to be in the distance. I happened to look outside and noticed the trees blowing so hard that I thought we were getting ready for a twister. By the time I got out on the porch it seemed to have stopped. The sky was different. There was a calm in the air but also an uneasiness. If I hadn't seen the blue skies to the west I would have swore a tornado was near.

I tried to capture the atmosphere, but the photos don't do it.

It was a beautiful sky.

My photography skills at work. lol Trying to capture the stillness after the wind had stopped abruptly.



2 comments:

  1. Good job; photographing Mother Nature. ;-
    I was alone for the first time when the weather got scarey out west(here).

    Will be checking back soon to see what's new...

    xxoo Auntie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bill, I think every thing just looks beautiful!!!! you have done a wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete