Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Ready to Winter Sow

I recently ran across a garden forum on the topic of winter sowing. Not only have I never done it, I had never heard of it. Winter Sowing is a great site to get information about this topic as with GardenWeb.
This is going to be my attempt at Winter sowing.



Those are not bags of trash, rather, bags of empty 2 liter plastic bottles. I haven't decided how I am going to use the bottles. Two of my ideas are to winter sow in them, or make homemade drip irrigation systems out of them for the vegetable garden. I think I will be using them for the latter at this time. But who says I can't do both.




The black container filled with leaves, is really a container with mason jars and rooting medium that I totally forgot about from last year. I had tried to start different shrubs from cuttings. Clearly that worked out well. lmao One thing I can say, it looks at home in my ghetto greenhouse. lol


No comments:

Post a Comment