Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Blast from the past.

I just had to put up a some photos with a little more color.

The West Lawn

One of my favorite places to sit and enjoy a cup of coffee. It has currently fallen on hard times, but it will be back to her formal grace soon. Sometimes you need more than a shovel and a grand idea, but I have not given up. With some good fortune she will stand in her majesty once again.


The snowball bush in this photo is a grandchild so to speak of my grandmothers snowball bush. My dad got a start from my grandmother and I got a start from my dad. So I always think of grandma when I look at it. One of the best ways to increase your plant varieties without having to open up your wallet is to get a start. Its free, easy, and I was always told, never say "thank you" for a start. They will die. I don't know if there is any truth to this, or if it was started by a rude gardener. lol But why risk it.


I love this little bench. It is completely surrounded by vegitaion in the summer, so when you sit there, it is very secluded and peaceful. A great place.

The Lua
u lanai
I love having family and friends over to hang out on the back porch. Its a perfect place to throw a luau. We have a water feature, a chimnia, a bar, and some great ambiance. I put out giant photos of our trip to Hawaii to help with the setting. Its especially lovely at night when the torches are burning and the twinkle lights set the scene. When Leilani gets behind the bar, good times.


I am hoping the Banana trees come back this year. They are suppose to be hardy in this area. We will see. You don't see both trees in the photo but there are two. I was surprised at how large the trees got at the end of the season. They were both about 8ft tall at least.



One of my pots/waterfountain did not make it through the winter. So once again this fountain will get an update. Maybe I will go back to using the frog fountain.


I haven't names this area yet. Yes I like to name areas in my yard. It lets someone know where in the yard I am talking about, and its fun and campy.



I am also planning on giving this area a face lift this season. Of course I am going to enlarge the planting area. I am thinking something leaning towards France meets Great Britain.





1 comment: