Friday, March 27, 2009

Trash and Recycle Center

I needed to move our trash and recycle area out of sight. It had previously been beside the driveway out front. Not the ideal spot but it was convenient. So now it is housed in the backyard, behind the privacy fence and surrounded by its own privacy fence.


I made this project very simple and basic. I did not even use cement for the posts. I have had my fill with cement this week. After the driveway step and not being able to move the next day I needed to simplify.
I first chose the site. I then dug 3 holes about 2 feet deep, with a post hole digger. The Lilac in the photo might look like its right in the way, but it is actually set back about 4 feet from the post on the right. I got the fencing from scrap that my dad was actually throwing out.



I purchased the hinges and the latch from Lowes for under 10$. (I had also purchased some random nails, just to have them on hand. The handle I found in a box of Junk I just can't seem to throw away.



The bricks were gathered up from around the yard. I know that sounds strange, but I have quite a few bricks for random projects. It pays to never throw junk away. I did not use any concrete or sand or gravel. The bricks are just laying on bare ground and hopefully I will get something to grow in the cracks of the bricks. I have a good 6 x 10 foot area now so I can get all the recycles out of the house. Yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment