Monday, March 16, 2009

The Veggie Garden

Looking towards the south.
Facing the west.
I am quite proud of my pea teepee. Lets see how it holds up against mother nature.
I am equally as proud of my squash trellis. I hope that I can train the little boogers to climb it instead of sprawling all over the ground.

Just about everything is in place in the veggie garden, except the veggies. Tomorrow is St. Patricks Day so I am going to give growing peas a try. Over the next couple of days, I plan on transplanting the broccoli, bok choy, chinese cabbage, celeriac and onions. I will be planting all of them under protection of row covers. I also plan on sowing the spinach and radish seeds. I think I will wait to put out the asparagus. I don't have asparagus growing in the garden yet, so I will find out when my neighbors asparagus is coming up and then transplant mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment