Monday, March 23, 2009

Bamboo functional and aesthetically pleasing


I have tried over the years to keep the doggies out of Lanai gardens and The Woodlands. Everything I have tried has had varying successes but mostly failures. I have high hopes on this latest project. I think the dogs will not be so eager to leap this fence. Time will tell.



One thing that makes this a true ghetto garden design, is the price. I am out 2 bucks for the twine.


The Bamboo I have growing so its a constant renewable resource, which grows so fast you won't even realize it was ever gone. I have a small section of the fence started as you can see. It isn't very difficult at all, but time consuming it can be. I found it very therapeutic. I can't wait until I get to work on it some more. If I was in Vegas I would put money down that I will be out there tomorrow between jobs playing with bamboo. LOL As always, every time I work in the yard I think of new ideas. I have a fabulous plan for the giant stump stuck in the yard. If I cant move it, I will make art out of it.Any ideas of what would grow out of a dead tree. I will get more into that another time. I also decided where I need to make the trash/recycle area, as everyone cheers with excitement. I am putting it back in the backyard instead of on display by the driveway. Why I thought moving it next to the driveway was ever a good idea. I know it will be a far greater pain in the aster to deal with trash nights, but there are perks. I now have brand new area for a new garden bed. What shall I name it. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment