Wednesday, March 4, 2009

A day off

I love waking up and knowing I don't have a thing to do except play in the yard. I wanted to start the day with a cup of coffee and then get busy getting everything done on my To Do List. I did not get everything done on my list. I never do. I always make a list that is way to long to ever get finished in one day, and I always find other projects along the way. Of course for me it is never really about a list. Its more about being one with my yard. lol That sounds even funnier after I said it, but it is so true. I enjoy reflecting, envisioning, and observing what is going on in the yard. I know the neighbors think I am insane, especially this time of year. They see me everyday walking around the yard in my robe, with my coffee, a cigarette, and a camera in my pocket. Everything is still shades of brown and gray with a constant gloom in the air. But when you really start looking for the signs of spring, they are everywhere. Today the gloom had vanished, and for the first time this year, it felt like spring. The sun was shining, the weather was so nice and it was my day off. It didn't take long before I was in the yard, rummaging through the leaves trying to find anything green. And then I start seeing,

and some crocus, and some of my favorite spring flowers, the tulip.



No comments:

Post a Comment