Thursday, February 26, 2009

Yes its still February

So I decide to cruise the yard to find all the little signs of spring. And this is not enough. ugh A lonely little Iris waiting on all her friends.

These little guys were popping up in the front flower bed. I am remembering alllllllll the spring bulbs I planted last fall, where are they? I need to get over looking for signs of spring and get busy cleaning up some of the beds. I also have some huge work ahead to make the pond presentable. As you can see...I did not have a chance to clean it up this past fall and now I am going to pay for it. Oh who am I kidding, I just couldn't be bothered cleaning this puppy up last fall. And I am still going to pay for it soon. I noticed some of the goldfish did not make it through the winter. AWWW Thank God they were not KOI, those come with a pretty price tag. Not my fish. My fish are feeder fish. They were suppose to be food for other fish. I paid 10 cents a piece for them about 3 years ago. So I think they had a good life. I am hoping there are a few survivors, I will keep you posted.
I did run across more signs of life today. This big guy was just working away for hours.
I am not a bird watcher so don't ask me what kind of Woodpecker this is, I just know its a big one.
On another note. Some of the seeds I planted the other day are already sprouting. The eggplant and the marigolds. They might not seem like much now but that little spot of green keeps me going.

No comments:

Post a Comment