Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Whats happening in the gardens.

These little guys look strange. Jack in the pulpits.

I should be ashamed, I have not put bird seed in this in two years. The good news however, the birds seem fine.
Are you over the Stargazer photos? lol Each day there is another bloom. I need to go around the yard and pull the stalks left by the day lilies.

The double impatiens have been going strong. Thanks Reggie.

I need more Japanese painted fern. These are so delicate to me. A couple more would be a big impact.
Do you see the two Hydrangea's?

Here is the second one. It is hard to see but it is there. My sister ran over it with the mower two weeks ago, but it wasn't much bigger. Clearly I need to move them, they are not happy.

I am not over the moon with these Amaranthus plants. I thought they would be a little more brilliant in color. If I grow these again, I will give them a little more nutrients and plant them closer together.

I love how the cosmos look to be floating on air.

These Zinnias are from the Biltmore seed mix. They seem to be miniatures compared to the other Zinnias.

The Celosia's are having a better showing than they did last year. Last year I did not have any germinate.



No comments:

Post a Comment