Wednesday, July 8, 2009

The birth of a new garden

More Stargazers are starting to bloom, so of course, snap snap.

I got a small truckload of rocks from my cousin. I still have more to get but it really helps to define the bed. What do you think?


I had some cone flowers in the Sun garden and where blocking the view of the Knockout roses. The photo below is one taken about a month ago.



This is what transplant shock looks like. lol



Last year I had a huge Wild Black Cherry Tree in this spot. The remnants of hurricane Ike uprooted it. I tried leveling out the spot and planting grass seed. It hasn't looked right since. What better place to put these cone flowers that needed to be moved anyway. lol
With plenty more water, some leaf mulch and of course more plants this is the birth of a new bed. All that is left is to come up with a name.


This is what the Sun garden looks like without the cone flowers. Part of the Herb garden is shown in the photo as well.



No comments:

Post a Comment