Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Veggie update

I should have spent today in many ways, not walking around taking pictures. I could not get any energy gathered today, so it was picture day. I thought I would let you see some of the veggie garden up close. Let's start with the corn. I had originally planned to plant 4 rows of corn every week. That did not happen, as you can see. The first batch was such a disappointment and time was an issue, so I will be buying corn this year. lol

The tomato plants are doing well, but I have yet to get a ripe one. These are grape tomatoes below.

The Italian San Marzano.

I have never grown these. Steak Sandwich Tomatoes.


Roma

I planted quite a few different green beans, this however is Kentucky Wonder.


Celeriac. I could not be happier.

This cucumber is either Straight Eight or a canning cucumber. I do not enjoy cucumbers but love pickles. Lets see if I am able to can some pickles.
.
Yellow squash. This guy was not there four days ago. I see stir fry in the near future. I also have a squash pasta recipe I want to try.

I have never grown onion successfully and I don't think that this is a good sign. I am thinking about putting a little more soil around this onion. Anyone think this is a good idea?



No comments:

Post a Comment