Sunday, July 12, 2009

A lazy day

This was a lazy garden day, but a very busy day. I stayed up very late last night. If you don't know, I am a huge Big Brother fan. I get possessed by the show and it sucks up a lot of my time. With that being said, I had to get up early and cook the family lunch today. It was my mothers birthday lunch. Happy Birthday Mom. Then went to work. I had time for a few photos before the company came to play cards.

I am really impressed with the lily blooms this year. I need to get more Asiatics, they are brilliant.

My Hummingbirds favorite flowers in the garden.

No blooms but this Plumeria seems to be growing like mad.

Still no red Water Lilies.

All of the Tiger Lilies are starting to really take off. A couple of these did not bloom last year so I am pleased. Even though these are blooming, I still believed they are a little stressed. The are so tall they are probably reaching for the light. Get into the light Carol Ann. I will try to get seeds from these lilies this year and place them where I want them to grow. If anyone has done this feel free to comment.

This one has to be eight foot tall.


No comments:

Post a Comment