Sunday, July 5, 2009

July 4th weekend

I can remember plenty of July 4th's that it rained, but what we just went through was ridiculous. It never stopped raining and was cold cold cold. As horrible as the weather was, we managed to have a fabulous weekend.

Once the rain let up, on the 5th. I decided to walk around and see what all the rain brought the gardens.

The Rose of Sharon are looking very tropical. You can't kill them no matter how hard you try. Once you get them started, they pop up everywhere.











I had to take a photo of these two planters that always seem to be a conversation piece. lol



This is my only white Coneflower in the entire yard. I don't even have it in a good location. I need to move it from The West Lawn over the the Heirloom garden.



This is a yellow water lily but the photo does not reflect it.





More lilies to be identified. hint hint lol



This is in my sister's garden.



This lily is in my dad's gardens.



After all the photos, I summoned enough energy to attempt a project. I needed to weed and mulch the Heirloom garden.



Now if I can gather some more stones to finish it off, I will be quite pleased.



I have no idea what this plant is called. I remember my grandmother had a ton of these beside her porch. I have heard that it is hard to get a flower that is a true blue. I think this doesn't get any closer. It is very very small, but its blue. lol



My aunt gave me a start of this Hardy Begonia last fall. I surprised that it came back. It was very late in the fall when I planted it. But that it came back with a vengeance. I have 6 new Hardy Begonias now. They say never thank someone for a plant start. But I so appreciate this plant.



I think the red veins bring such uniqueness to the plant.





Giant Alocasia

This guy took forever to get started this year. What gives?
I am starting to think I planted this upside down. lol


No comments:

Post a Comment