Friday, July 3, 2009

Making up for lost time.

I could not resist snapping this photo.



The hummingbirds flock to this bee balm, so I have planted it all over the yard.



The stillness of The West Lawn.



The frogs are having a marvelous time now that the intruders are gone.




The only place in the garden I enjoy the Gooseneck.



How can you not own a flower with the common name of Gayfeather. It is a must have in my garden.



Its always so still here. It also gets very chilly at night here, even in the summertime. Either The West Lawn sits lower than the rest of the yard or we have visitors from the past hanging out here. lol



Photos from the Lanai patio and garden.

This is a Hawaiian Ginger plant. I brought it back from Maui in 2007. I bought them at an ABC store. They haven't bloomed yet.



I got these from May's Greenhouse. Not nearly as exciting as Maui. However in a cold winter it is quite blissful to go there and hang out in their tropical greenhouse.



I tried to take a few photos of the water coming out of the terracotta planter. I have one on each side of the fountain. As you can see I was unsuccessful.



I am also still waiting for this little guy to bloom. I was shocked to see the purple Transcedentia growing right in the middle of my Bougainvillea.



Ready for the weekend.



This is the second year of this red Plumeria. It is suppose to bloom this year. I put some slow release fertilizer on it so we shall see how she does.








Looking south towards the doggies yard and you can see the greenhouse in the back right.
I am still proud of that little project. lol



The Heirloom Garden

A variegated Hydrangea.



I sowed a lot of Cleome seeds and have about 40 plants. I only have one that is pink all the rest are purple. I found that to be very odd.



The only pink one in a world of purple.





This is an Amaranthus I grew from seed. I have quite a few and think they will make a bigger impact when they get bigger. And yes I realize the photo is sideways. Sorry.



Balsam Impatiens and miniature Petunias. I love the tropical look of the impatiens.



Poison I say. LMAO

This is the Castor plant that I bought at the Biltmore. Hope this keeps the varmints out of this area.



Its blooming!!! Yeah



I have been meaning to post this and kept forgetting. Not today. This is water a big rain will do if you don't think ahead. Clearly I didn't think ahead. Oh well put it on the TO Do List. We won't discuss the empty planter that needs painted and a plant put in it. LMFAO


No comments:

Post a Comment