Monday, April 27, 2009

A good breaking point

I have done all I have time to do in the gardens before the big Graduation weekend. My honey is graduating from IU in the beginning of May. We have a large weekend planned. Our Anniversary, Honey's Graduation, Mothers Day, and my Father-in-laws Birthday. Now I need to switch gears and go from the yard to the house. I have a lot of cleaning and cooking to do before our guests arrive. Other than mowing the yard and watering plants the gardens are put on hold. Hopefully I will get everything done ahead of schedule and I will still have time for a garden play day before the busy weekend. But I doubt it. I might just have to squeeze in some Mushroom hunting time.




The herb bed to the right of the birdbath is looking bare. Things are coming up but don't look it in the picture. I also have herb plants in the greenhouse but I am not putting them out until last frost date of May 10th. I do believe they would be fine but time is not on my side at this moment.



I love that the rose fairy visited our house. Can you believe the three little Knockout roses showed up.



I love these golden false cypress shrubs. I call them hairy evergreens. lol I have been wanting one of these for all time as well.



The Alliums are getting ready to bloom. Hooray!!! The deer do not like Alliums thank God.



The Greenhouse is looking good. Messy but good. I can't wait to see what another 8 days will bring.


No comments:

Post a Comment