Saturday, April 11, 2009

Ghetto flower bed

This project is a definite ghetto garden project. I only used materials from the yard. The railroad ties were there, just needed a little work. I drilled some holes in the railroad ties and hammered rebar through the tie and the ground. I had 2 landscape timbers that were not being used and drove rebar through them as well. I then put the rocks around it all to hide the timbers. I do however need to go buy some soil. I am planning on putting some Cosmos, Zinnias, Delphinium and Lilies in this bed. The flowers are all started from seed growing in the greenhouse. I am going to put some shrubs on the N and NW corner of the bed. I have some starts of Korean Lilac, Viburnam, Burning Bush and a Snowball bush. I just need to decide which of these I want to put near the new bed.


I do need to go rock gathering. I want to cover the railroad ties with Brown County stone.



This is a side view of the north side of the bed. The bed is about 3-4 feet wide and about 16 feet long.



No comments:

Post a Comment