Thursday, April 9, 2009

And so it begins

I would rather be beat with a pool stick than to clean out the ponds. I haven't cleaned them in far longer than I care to admit and I cannot put it off any longer. This is the kind of stuff I am dealing with. ugh. And this is just what I got out trying to fish out the plants to re pot.


I first pulled all the water plants from the pond. The water lilies were out of control. The roots were a mess. I had 3 different lilies in the pond, and now I have twelve. I put all the the re potted lilies in two large totes and filled them with water. This will be their temporary home until the ponds are ready for their return.

The water iris was not nearly as overgrown as the lilies but I did manage to separate a couple of the plants. I did not separate all the iris because I was lacking enough pots and some were in large enough pots to support them.

The water Pickerel had definitely outgrown its pot as well. I have no idea if I successfully separated this plant. I just divided the Pickerel like I do Hostas and lilies. Only time will tell. The Pickerel is on the left. This also gives you a good idea of the amount of leaves piled up in the bottom of the ponds.

With any luck I will be updating this post with the finished product. Well not quite finished, I know I won't be repairing the creek anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment