Saturday, February 14, 2009

More greenhouse construction




I spent a little more time on the greenhouse today. After this photo, I decided to put some fencing up on either side of both doors to prevent the dogs from running through it once the plastic is up. I am concerned however with any fence wires punching holes in the plastic, so I am trying to come up with a solution. As of right this moment I am ready to wrap the corners with some bubble wrap before the plastic goes on. I figure, it won't block any of the sunshine and would be good insulation. I guess I will find out soon enough.




I have added a few more supports to the doors and I also attached the cattle panels to the door frame with metal strapping. I am also going to fill the center pathway with gravel to help hold in the heat, but that is another day. For now I will just focus on making sure there are no rough, sharp, pointy edges to mess up the plastic. I am still figuring out in my head how to put on the plastic, while being able to open up the greenhouse for ventilation, and without letting the dogs inside to terrorize the plants that will be thriving inside. lol Any suggestions are welcomed.
As for a seedling update, Three Lemon grass, Two Celeriac, One Asparagus, and counting.
The broccoli is getting happy and I can't wait until I get them outside in the greenhouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment