Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Starting a hoophouse




I am certainly not a carpenter and from the looks of the frame, it shows. I was inspired by Erics projects blog and thought that this would be something I could do, not only with my limited carpentry skills but with my budget. So far the project has not been too difficult and I am only out 30 bucks for the cattle panels. I already had the landscape timbers from an old project and have managed to gather up enough lumber from trash piles to finish the frame. I think the real difficulty is going to be building the frame for the door on one end and at least a window on the other end. I might just add a door at both ends but the jury is still out on that one. Either way, I won't be able to work on it for a few more days due to weather, its suppose to rain all day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment