Tuesday, September 21, 2010

rant revised

If you heard about the political rant but are not finding it, well ya missed it Blanche. I was happy I threw it on the blog for a day, however it was not in keeping with the idea of my blog. Who gives a rat's ass about political views when we can clearly discuss the gardens. Summer is winding down at a feverish pitch, IMO, and I have got a ton of stuff to do. I won't bore you with the list but its a doozy.

I wanted to post some photos of how different each of the blooms have been on this purple moonflower.
This photo was taken right when Honey was given the purple moon flower plant.

The first couple of blooms.

Now the rest of the blooms are in no particular order.

Double flower

I would say these were triple blooms.

She had a few blooms that were single flowers.

Do you notice how spindly the plant looks at this point. Well she has been put through it as well. I knocked her over a few times, the wind has thrown her around a couple of times, and if she hadn't been put through enough, I swung the hose over her missing terribly and breaking her in half. She is a survivor and is still blooming. I would highly recommend growing this in your garden.



2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the fall pic of the west lawn gate and pond area, I saved it as my desk top pic.Dad

    ReplyDelete