Wednesday, October 13, 2010

October Happenings

The grass is so lush and green. LMAO Thanks to Mother Nature we had not had any rain forever, but I will say that it rained tonight.


Hyacinth Bean
Not exactly the show stopper I was looking for. WTH, they were free seeds. I think she has pretty blooms and I love the pods. I will try it again next year, but I will find them a better home.

Before I carried all the plants in the house.


Cissus Discolor Rex Begonia Vine


One of the last warm nights to hang outside, without being bundled up.

A few random photos of the plants in the house.

The Parlor


I personally do not think it looks overcrowded. Especially considering last year.

The dining room.

The Congo Roja fits perfectly in the corner. I just hope she gets enough light.

I did have to put more plants in our bedroom this year.

Some of the flowers that were blooming when I brought them inside. This Gerber Daisy however quit blooming this summer, but for some reason she likes to be inside.

And Yessss, I am going to have more Bird of Paradise blooms. In this photo, can you see the two future blooms?

This is the first bud to pop up. She should start blooming in a couple of weeks.

The Red Plumeria is still blooming. The blooms are not quite as red now, as they were this summer. They must need more direct sunshine to turn them red.

But there is no sunshine in the parlor. She will have to make due with the grow light over her head.

The Plumeria that we got from the farmers market has finally started to bloom. I was thinking she was going to have white blooms, but as you can see, I was wrong. I am equally as happy with the yellow.

This just mean I still need to get the white Plumeria.


Since it is so close to Halloween, I thought I would post a scary picture.

It doesn't get much scarier than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment