Sunday, September 5, 2010

90 percent off

Before I get started on my day today, I wanted to mention this little guy. He decided to pop up all by himself in the yard. The closest impatien around him, is at least 20 feet. Now you know I am not going to be able to mow him down, whenever I do decide to mow again.


OK, now I will talk about the plant sale. We went to Lowes today, and I swear, we were not going to buy any plants. Then we ran across the 90% off. They were practically giving these away. This is a tropical Apricot Hibiscus, 4 bucks. Now how am I suppose to pass that up. She is about 3 1/2 feet tall, with a good dozen buds. I am sure that I have plenty of space in the house through the winter, right.

This is a Don Juan Climbing Rose. I have seen this rose a thousand times, but I have never purchased one. Well for 1.60 how can I say no. Now to decide where to put her. I have an idea.

Knockout Rose tree. I have been a big fan of the Knockouts we already have. Again with the dilemma of where to put her. I do think I will plant her with these Stella D'Oro's. Did I mention that the lilies were 70 cents a piece. OMG.

Another Knockout Rose Tree, with 3 Mystic Blue Salvia. Each Salvia plant has not only the Salvia, but also Aztec Pink Verbena, Salsa Verde Sedum and Althoum Sedum. I was not going to buy them because I did not think they would be hardy here. I was told that they would. So what do I do, of course they were 90% off, so for under 2 bucks, sold. I did a little research and to my surprise, they are not hardy here. So I am thinking, I should leave them on my dads back porch. They are hardy to zone 7, so I think they will be fine there, and get plenty of light. Did you get the memo Dad?


1 comment:

  1. Bill, I know we talked about wintering plants but did I decide on my back porch or did you? that's fine as long as I have room for my chair and coffee cup. Love Dad

    ReplyDelete