Monday, September 20, 2010

Blooms of the week

This past week I was a little under the weather and did not make it out to the gardens for a couple of days. While I was laying on the couch suffering miserably, this beauty was outside basking in the sunshine. This is the Hawaiian Ginger I brought back from our trip a few years ago. First year, no blooms, and last year she did not bloom until the day I brought her in the house. This year, she is a welcomed surprise, and the fragrance of this flower is superior to anything in the garden. IMO If I could cram this in my nose and not look ridiculous, I would totally do it, that is how fabulous the fragrance really is.

The following photos are from the Apricot Hibiscus that we just got last week.

It is hard to tell in this photo, but there are quite a few more buds on this baby.

Hello gorgeous. Picture this behind your ear. lmao @ I either want to put flowers behind my ears or cram them in my nose. omg

The purple Datura is still blooming.



1 comment:

  1. Bill, if I could cram you in my nose and not look ridiculous, I would totally do it, that is how delicious you are! Love you cuz, Bernie

    ReplyDelete