Sunday, July 25, 2010

Wedding countdown

If mother nature throws me a bone I just might be able to put a dent in the gardens. Remember, we have under 3 weeks before the wedding. I need to work a few things out in the area where the ceremony will take place. The grass isn't as thick as I would like it, but at least the damn mole has taken a hike.

This area needs some attention. Its a waiting game between me and the plants. I am waiting on them to grow, and I am sure they are waiting for me to move them. That is usually what happens, when I run out of patience.



This might look like its an overgrown weed patch, but its not. I need to go to war with the mint. All of the herbs need to be cut back. Hey I got an idea, how about harvesting some of this. lol Anyone in the need of some mint?

Now this area won't see any attention until after the wedding. I am thinking of trying to get the Moon flowers started in this area.

I am on the lookout for Clematis buds to start forming. I still have high hopes that the arbor will be blanketed by tiny white flowers soon.


We tackled the wedding programs over the weekend. I got this idea from the Internet. I thought was brilliant. I also knew that my sister had made program/fans for my nieces wedding. We used paint sticks for the handles. Glenn painted them with leftover paint he had.


I might add, that this project took 3 of us most of the day to complete. For starters, we couldn't seem to find the short golf pencils. One place even told us to go to a golf course and steal some. We opted for plan B. We went to the dollar store. They did not have any white so we just painted them. We had to cut them and drill holes in them first. We waited for them to dry between coats. We had to drill holes in the handles. Then tied them all up with some ribbon. A true ghetto garden project for sure. I think they look great.

We are not going to throw rice, because that is politically incorrect. We decided to go with grass seed. I have the perfect place for us to throw it. lol


Another re purposed basket. Viola. I am going to add a little flower action to the basket.



1 comment:

  1. I like the idea of throwing grass seed,if you have extra seed send the wedding party up to 611 LOL Dad

    ReplyDelete