Monday, July 19, 2010

Before a storm

I decided that the heat was not going anywhere, and I had things to do. We are throwing a wedding next month. If this wedding goes down in our backyard (in the case of rain, new location lol) it must be fierce. That means all weeds and spent flowers were on the top of the list. The first thing on the agenda was the ditch lilies. They had been put through it. The blooms were nothing but a memory, and the foliage had seen better days. They looked god awful and had to go. I looked for a better photo of the bloomed out lilies, but was unsuccessful. In the photo below, you can see them on the bottom left.

And now they are gone. They should bounce back a little before the wedding. BTW, I have more paint for the two plant stands, and those planters will be replaced for the wedding.

I still need to put down mulch over the removed lilies. Do you recall the free mulch we were given in the spring. I just so happen to still have some mulch left over. Of course it is buried under at least 10 inches of weeds. I wish I were joking, but it is my reality.


Switching gears just a bit, the sunflowers have taken off. They were not all successful. Most perished a week after I put them outside. Most of these are the Moulin Rouge Sunflowers. I cannot wait to see them bloom.

A field full of Queen Annes Lace.

So I started this post bitching about the weather. Well mother nature does have a sense of humor. After I swetted all day in the heat, a storm came through, gave everything a drink and took the heat with it. Now if it can be cooler when I get to work in the yard again, life would be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment