Sunday, August 1, 2010

August blooms

With under 2 weeks until the wedding, the clock is ticking. Time to get things done. It has been hot, but not quite the scorcher it has been lately. I have managed to spend a little time in 90% of the gardens. Most beds have received all they are getting from me, until after the wedding. I will finish up the weeding tomorrow, I hope.


The sunflowers are doing much better this year, than last. Keep in mind that most of the sunflower seedlings did not make it. Can you imagine if they had all survived. You would not even be able to see the shed. I will try again next year.

The angle of this photo makes it look like I have a Rose of Sharon hedge.

She is as ready for her close up as she is going to get.

I noticed today, that the Autumn Joy Clematis, has many small buds. I think she will be covered by a blanket of white next week. Lets keep our fingers crossed.

These are my favorite Hosta's. I think they have the prettiest blooms, hands down.

Another Luna Pink Hibiscus. None of the Luna Red Hibiscus have bloomed yet.

This is a hardy white hardy Hibiscus.

This bloom is a little different than the previous blooms on this Moon Flower.

Lord Baltimore continues to pump out some blooms.

I have decided that this was the perfect place for the Lord Baltimore Hibiscus.


No comments:

Post a Comment