Saturday, July 3, 2010

I love Saturday's

Saturday's are such a special day. Honey and I are both off work and have the entire day together. We never know exactly what we are going to do. It's nice not to plan the day, but let the day happen. We awoke to a beautiful day and enjoyed our coffee on the Lanai. After our first cup of coffee, we usually take a stroll through the gardens.

Here is our first Canna bloom of the season.

I took a photo of this plant to remind myself to again find out what it is called. She is doing really well, and the vine is about 30 inches long.



Here are a couple more photos of the moon flower plant. It is not in bloom at the moment but if you look closely you can see there are blooms on the way.

This pod is the remnant of a previous bloom. It should fill with seeds. I am going to leave this pod on the plant, but remove most all the other pods. I am hoping that this will help the plant to continually bloom. Time will tell.

Here are a couple photos of the Congo Roja. I am wondering if there is anyway that I would be able to get the stem to root so I can cut it from the parent plant. Any ideas?

A new leaf emerging.

Do you see a face?

A better photo of the Plumeria that shows the new branches.


Honey and I went shopping today and found these little pots for a steal. Then we had to get something to put in them. I was placing each plant in different pots, to decide who needed potted in which container.

And here they are, freshly potted. I realized that if we get a red pot and a yellow pot we can make a rainbow.

I also re potted the new Plumeria. I wanted her in a terracotta planter. As soon as she needs a drink, she is going to get a bloom booster. I am also going to give the bloom booster to the middle Plumeria and the Bougainvillea. We had went to Mays greenhouse today and their Bougenvillea is in full bloom. Bitches. lol

Another plant that Dad decided he was over. Lucky me.

On a sad note. Here is Cat's Rhododendron we planted last August.

Here it is when she gave it to me.

Here it is now. lol I knew she was toast, but as a last ditch effort, I thought a hard pruning might help her out. If she does not snap out of it in a week or so, she is getting the boot. Sorry Cat.

Here is what the Wegeila is suppose to look like.

Here is what it looks like now. Again she was a withered mess. I do however think she will snap out of it unlike the Rhodo.


No comments:

Post a Comment