Sunday, June 12, 2011

June 2011

With a little more know how, and a lot more luck, maybe this little Banana tree will be more successful than her predecessors.  Hardy Musa Basjoo Banana tree, we will see.

They say, it is a healthy Banana tree if it produces 1 new leaf a week.  So far, she is off to a good start.

I think I need to get this planted quick.


I am keeping my fingers crossed, that the Plumeria cuttings will be a smashing success.


But I have to be honest.  I checked them today and they were making me nervous.

I don't recall the Yucca blooming last year, and I really don't remember four different blooms.


Just starting to flower

Yarrow

The very first Bee Balm bloom, and she was all by herself.

 The very next day, her friends decided to join her. 

Curious seedlings.  I am not sure exactly what they are, but I am thinking that they are called Lucifer.

The Water Lilies are out of control this year.  Still waiting on the Red blooms, as usual. I should be so lucky as to have a Red Lily bloom.


Balsam Impatien volunteers.  I have been pinching some of them back to see if they bush up, and I still need to thin them out, I just hate to do it.  The seed works so hard to survive winter, germinate at the right time, survive unexpected cold temperatures, and then I walk up and yank them out of the ground, sounds hateful. 

I broke down and divided the Bird of Paradise.  I was very nervous about this, but it had to happen.  Then I find out that a divided plant takes 2 to 3 years to bloom.  Really?  That sucks.

The Oriental Lilies are starting to bloom.




Remember the Canna Lily seed ordeal?  Well, here are the results.  Let's hope they bloom.  I would definitely try to germinate the seeds again.

My Congo Roja Philodendron project.  I thought I could get this giant to take root in another pot, so that she can be divided as well?  You think it will work?

Delphinium blooms.  Not as pretty as the bloom last year, but that damn plant decided not to come back.  I wonder in this is a short lived perennial?

The Forsythia bushes got a well needed haircut, as did a lot of bushes in the yard. Sometimes I can be dangerous with pruners.

This will look much better when it is covered in vines.  Wisteria, Trumpet, Clematis, Honeysuckle, I don't care as long as it gets covered up.  I do not want to see the metal, cheap ass frame.

We have extra supports on the sides.

The front yard.

Cannas and Moon plants.



The West Lawn

The Woodlands

Variegated Hydrangea that is not doing well at all.  If you recall, she was looking the love last year.  A couple of thoughts about this plant.  For starters, I think that the really low temps took its toll on this plant, then to make matters worse, after things started to warm up, we had that nasty cold spell.  I am hopeful that she will be back in future seasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment