Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Dog days of July

We are suppose to limit our outdoor activities today because we have a heat index of 110.  OMFG!  That is ridiculous.  I took the opportunity to water the plants that are in the shade, and give the dogs a bath.  Other than planting a cactus, there is not much I can do in this weather.  I have managed to go out a take a photo or two, and then run back into the house.  All kidding aside, it is much better than a foot of snow and no foliage, so I will not bitch.  Just trying to keep the gardens watered and looking good for the Anniversary party is going to be a job.  I know, an irrigation system is definitely needed.  Maybe that can be a fall or spring project, if I can figure out how to do it without spending big bucks.

Here is a few things that are going on in the gardens.

The new Hosta bed on the west side of the house.  I was given these interlocking blocks and found the perfect spot in the yard to use them.
If you recall, I started the Luna Hibiscus from seed last year.  They had a few blooms last year, but this year, they are demanding attention.

 
More Oriental Lilies

 Tiger Lilies

 Not sure what these lilies are called, but they are one of my favorites.

 She smells as good as she looks.

The Balsam impatiens that reseed themselves each year.
Pink
 Purple
 Red
The Pink Cleome has decided to get out of control, which is fine with me.

Five of the nine Canna lilies are blooming.

The Autumn Joy Clematis should be in bloom next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment