Sunday, July 10, 2011

Random updates

Our Kroger Hydrangea bloom is looking better everyday.

 But unfortunately, still only one bloom.

Endless Summer Hydrangea bloom.


So far, we have only had the Purple Cleome (Spider plants) bloom.  We are keeping our eyes open for the Pink plants to bloom.  Just putting it out there, would love to have White Cleome, just sayin.

 Though they are both Purple, there is a subtle difference in color in the two plants.

The birthday Banana is coming along just fine.

Elephant ears are thriving in their new home.

 The Balsam Impatiens are waist high despite the fact that they want to wilt in late afternoon.   In my experience they just wilt when it gets too hot, regardless if they have just had water.  Once the temp cools down they perk right up.

 The Moon plant blooms stay open until almost noon each day.

 If I am being honest, I did not think that the Canna Lilies would bloom this year.  Two of our plants have proven me wrong.  Yeah.

The Castor plants are not growing as fast as I thought they might, but they are holding their own.  They are right around 4 feet tall, and one is starting to set a seed pod.

The Pink and Red Swamp Mallows are putting on buds.  I was worried that they might not have enough sunshine to bloom.

 I find it interesting that the buds are growing on each plant differently.


This has nothing to do with gardening, but I am going to share anyway.  I am putting together my parents 50th wedding anniversary this summer.  Of course, anything I do, I must do on a dandelion budget, so let the games begin.  I am planning on having a cupcakes in place of a "wedding/anniversary cake".  I need an attractive way to display the cupcakes, so...

Mother and I are quite proud of this endeavor.  A few serving trays, candlesticks, a flower pot and some acrylic glue.  What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment