Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Another busy August

I have had this Scarlet Hibiscus swamp mallow for a number of years.  If you recall, I was elated a couple of years ago when it bloomed for the first time.  Last year. it bloomed and I collected the seed.  I had noticed that the local garden center had their Scarlet's planted in their landscaping. I decided to plant her in my gardens and with any luck she would survive the winter.  Not only did she survive, but she has never put out so many blooms.  I am also happy to report that I have 4 other plants that I started from the seeds.  None of them are blooming however.  Maybe next year.  

   The first picture did not really capture the color of the blooms because the sun was so bright. 


 Last year we got a couple more Swamp Mallow plants, a red and a pink.
 The Red one was the first to bloom.

Followed by the Pink one.  I personally think it looks purple most of the time, imagine.

 Only one bloom at a time, unlike the red one.

The Purple Datura Moon plant blooms of a night.  Our blooms have been staying pretty until late morning the following day.



Here is a surprise in our garden.  I am not exactly sure what this is, but I think it is a Celosia Flamingo Flower. I cannot wait until it is in full bloom.
With my parents 50th Wedding Anniversary party right around the corner, I am watching the gardens like a hawk, to see what will be in bloom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment