Wednesday, August 25, 2010

August happenings

The Plumeria has been blooming all summer. This reality makes me very happy.

How gorgeous is this? This does not help with my obsession.

This set of blooms are more fragrant than the first set. I could not tell you why.

The Luna Pink Hibiscus has been a better performer of blooms, than the Luna Red Hibiscus. Again, I have no idea why.

Honey's Petunia patch 2010.

One of the plants that I dug up out of Cat's yard when she moved. I forgot what kind of Spirea this is.



I planted these in a number of places in the gardens.

I moved the Bloodleaf Iresine and Plumeria, I moved to the heirloom gardens.

If you recall, I bought this Plumeria from the farmers market last year, and now she is going to bloom. I can't wait to see what color she is.

"Polly" is having a stellar year. I was worried that I had almost killed her over the winter.

This Arrowhead has gotten out of control and I love it. She could not be happier.

The Purple Queen had a couple of days of stress, but she is bouncing back. She gets a little fussy when you move her, or change her lighting in anyway.

Honey bought me this White Bird of Paradise. I don't think I have time to get her to bloom this season, but there is always next year. She is a looker, even without blooms. Thank you Honey.

The Hawaiian Ginger is going to be a big bloomer this year. I have counted 5 buds on this plant, and last year she only had one.

This plant only has two buds, as of yet. She is doing better than last year, because she also had one bloom last year. I think because she does not get as much direct sun as the other plant, she has less buds.

"Othello" Ligularia

I am still waiting the seed pods to start forming on the Castor plant. I am going to plant quite a few of these next year. I forgot how much I enjoy their foliage.

Anybody know what this is? She came up on her own, which makes me think Weed. Weed or not, I would like to have more of them.

The Scarlet Ohara Morning Glory. I bought these seeds two years ago and couldn't find them last spring, but as luck would have it, found them this spring. They are aggressive climbers.

Moulin Rouge Sunflowers, my personal favorite.

Honey loves the giant sunflowers the best.

Someone told me that the 4 O'clocks will reseed themselves. I hope this is true. I am going to start some more by seed next year, just in case.

The Mandevilla cannot decide if she wants to be red or pink. Either works for me.

This ones for you Honey.

The Celosia decided to reseed herself. She is not very impressive to be honest. But I should give her a little time.
You thought I was done with these photos, but noooooooo.

I will say that the Luna Red Hibiscus is showier than the pink but the blooms are more elusive.


No comments:

Post a Comment