Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Soiree Surprise

Of course I don't know the name of this plant. I am realizing that so many of my plants I have no clue of their name or origin. lol Oh well, it is still gorgeous. I do believe I bought this at Mays Greenhouse. I am going to stop in tomorrow with photo in hand to ask them what it is called. I have had this about 4 years and it has never bloomed. I found the foliage interesting and did not realize it had a bloom.
We had a birthday soiree on the Lanai patio. My partner brought this flower to my attention. And OMG!!!


Is she not a looker or what. I was amazed at the size as well. I took this photo with my hand to give it some scale. Needless to say, I am impressed.



By the end of the night, she had closed up for the evening. Sadly the next morning she was gone. Apparently she had a life expectancy of a day lily.



The good news, there are five more buds just waiting their turn to bloom. I am watching this plant closely.





1 comment: