Friday, August 28, 2009

Flowers that caught my eye this week.

I drove out to my aunts house this past Sunday and saw this beauty on my way. I did not get out of the truck but it looks like a white compact Rose of Sharon. That is my guess anyway. I will have to drive back by and hopefully see the owner outside. I love talking to peeps about flowers. It is my experience that most gardeners love to talk about their gardens and are all eager to give their two cents on gardening. I have received countless nuggets of information this way, and sometimes even starts. Hopefully I can find out exactly what this is called.

This is my aunts Pee Gee Hydrangea tree. This is when I wish I new how to graft plants so I can have one of these myself. They want waaaaaayyyyyy to much money for things like this. So for now, I will just post pictures of these from other gardeners.

This hydrangea, which I think is a Pee Gee shrub form. This is across the street from my aunts, in another of my aunts lawn. My cousin had purchased this from a mail order catalog like Michigan bulbs or something. But she cannot remember what it was called. I missed it while it was in it full glory, but she is still pretty glorious as far as I am concerned. I took a picture of this plant last fall and it was fabulous even then.



No comments:

Post a Comment