Sunday, August 30, 2009

Borders, Walls and Fountains

It always starts out looking like this...


I love using rocks to define the flower beds and also crate raised or somewhat raised beds. Its free first of all. Does it get any better than that? I think not.



It might not look like much now but when this fills out it will look much nicer. Not to mention getting the remaining grass out as well. I realize that a good gardener will amend the soil before planting. I do it all somewhat backwards. I try to add good soil with each plant as I plant them. I then try to compost in the fall and add leaf mulch.

I found her in the weeds at my cousin's house. I remember her when I was a child. My aunt had her in the center of what was to be a fountain, but I never remember any water running through her. I plan to remedy that. Remnants of the actual basin she stood in is still there. I will try to take some photos of the basin tomorrow. She definitely needs some work. She will never be showroom new, but she still has some class and style about her. Even with half a nose. lol




No comments:

Post a Comment