Wednesday, August 19, 2009

happenings in the gardens

What a hot muggy day. ugh I decided to take another tour of the gardens. Fall season will be here before we know it. Which I have to say makes me wanna cray, however, I need to start thinking about my chores. I have got a running gardening list in my head, and it is never completed. Is that a sign of laziness, or over ambitious? I thought I would post a few photos from my tour today.

I had this terracotta pot sitting outside one of the back sheds. I thought that this was an unused pot from last season. I happened to notice this little Coleus starting to come up. Its no more than an inch or two tall.

I have noticed a lot more butterflies this year. Especially these black butterflies. I think these are called swallowtails.



The clematis is definitely taking over its trellis.

My dad was redoing one of his flower beds, and this rhododendron needed a home. I always have room for a rhodo. I am watching this one like a hawk.

The love pond is completely being taken over by vegetation. I can't wait to get the creek running someday. I need to get a handle on the Loosestrife in control, in both The West Lawn and the Sun garden. I wish I had the energy to fix the rocks from the bandit incident.

Do you see the fountain in this photo? Me either. lol but there is a fountain in there I swear. lol


I got a nice variety of vegetables.

My blog would not be complete without a good deer story. They got into the tomato cages a couple times. The first time, i found cages in different places in the garden. This time they only knocked this one cage over. That tomato plant looks like a goner.

No comments:

Post a Comment