Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Plumeria growth

I bought this Plumeria from the local farmers market in early spring. After I made my purchase I was chatting with the vendor. He told me that he brought the Plumeria back from Maui 17 years ago. That is has been kept dormant the entire time. Dormant for that long? I clearly have no idea of the validity of that story, but there it is. She is growing quite nicely. I am pretty sure that it had some growth on it when I bought it, but can't remember. It will be interesting to find out when and if she will bloom and/or when the stem splits. I took a photo of this plant this spring but it wasn't available at the time of this writing.

Summer 2009


Spring 2008

Summer 2008

Spring 2009


Summer 2009


I can't believe how much this Plumeria has grown this season. It gives me high hopes that it will bloom next year. Keep your fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment